What does it take to ‘Capture the Heart’ of donors, volunteers, and foundation members? How can you not only achieve this, but also increase the efficiency of financing and reporting? We would like to introduce you to the common needs of nonprofits, and the solution used by the most successful nonprofits of the day.
The heart, soul, and financial longevity of your nonprofit depends on the people who help make it what it is. Those who put their time, money, and effort into helping the cause for which you care so much. Shouldn’t you be able to know who they are and recognize them for their assistance?
How does your current software define entities? Does your current software:
- Organize users by Individual/Organization, further segmenting constituents by profile types such as Donor, Volunteer, Sponsor, Foundation, Member, Alumni, etc.?
- Allow for multi-profile segmentation? For instance, [Name] can be classified as both a volunteer and a donor.
- Provide your organization the ability to group constituents by “household”
- Company Structures
- Groups of Friends
As a manager, you know how to best run your nonprofit organization. What if you could set your own business rules that will help you to automatically categorize constituents?
Can your current software:
- Initiate the correct form of correspondence (Welcome Letter, Tax Receipt) based on preferred communication (Direct Mail, Mail)
- Allow you to upload multiple constituents, for instance, from a drive or in-person registration?
Easy to Learn and Edit
Why do you need a customizable solution? As stated previously, your nonprofit organization is different from other organizations. Does your current solution allow you to:
- Modify, rename, or hide any screen or field?
- Determine what data you want to input and how it should display?
- Create and Run Reports without reliance on IT Departments?
Further, can the user interface provide easy to modify and understand by even the least tech-savvy individual? This, especially in an environment compromised of volunteers, can improve both morale and software acceptance.
Bonus: Integration with Financial Software
If you find a software that can handle all of this, allowing you to effectively manage donors and volunteers, wouldn’t it be nice for said software to automatically send reports to your accounting system?
Think of the amazing results. Someone makes a donation, is entered into the system, and that donation goes both to your fund and accounting software—automatically.
How much time and money could you save each month? Of that, think of how much time and money saved could go back to those you chose to help.
Does Your Constituent Management Software Have All of this?
It is important to ‘capture the heart’ at all stages of the Donor Life Cycle:
If it doesn’t, maybe it’s time to learn more about Orange Leap. Orange Leap is a cloud-based relationship management software that helps you improve not only your relationships, but your peace of mind.
This solution is easy to use, customizable, and built for nonprofits. Learn more about the Orange Leap at Brittenford Systems’ Upcoming Webcast: Integrated Fundraising and Accounting scheduled for September 9 at 11:00 AM EDT. In this webcast, you will learn how to create a win-win-win for development, accounting, and most importantly, your cause.
Integrated Fundraising and Accounting will feature Presenters Brian Dietz, President at Brittenford Systems, and Kevin Wells, Channel Development Manager at Orange Leap, and will teach attendees:
- How Intacct Nonprofit Accounting can dramatically reduce, if not eliminate altogether, the number of spreadsheets necessary to satisfy tracking and reporting.
- The ease with which you can generate reports using Intacct and Orange Leap (whether financial or donor-related).
- Automation of low-value activities to free your team for more strategic endeavors.
- How to capture the heart of your donor at every stage of the donor life cycle with the fundraising functionality of Orange Leap.
Brittenford Systems is a Reston, Virginia provider of accounting, business intelligence, and relationship management solutions. Specializing in nonprofits, government, and project-based organizations; we welcome you to join us on Twitter (@brittenford), and contact us to learn how we can help your business meet its goals.