Event season is coming up. With Microsoft changing out its event strategy last year, moving away from Convergence as a user-focused event (creating Microsoft Envision—designed for the C-Suite), the company announced that it would be introducing its user-focused Amplify event last year to help users make the most of their Dynamics investment.
Now in its second year, this event, scheduled for March 20-22, 2017 in Anaheim, California will provide a highly informative two-and-a-half day look into Dynamics GP, sharing must-know information on how to become faster, more accurate, and more informed about Dynamics GP. Today, we will introduce you to the basics of the event, and talk about how beginner, intermediate, and advanced end users can work better by attending a Pre-Conference training class on March 20.
GPUG Amplify 2017: March 20-22 in Anaheim, CA
As the leading event for the Microsoft Dynamics Community, GP User Group (GPUG) Amplify is the leading in—person event for end users in the Microsoft Community, providing end users with the knowledge and resources they need to expand the reach of their company investment in the software.
This event is quickly developing a name for itself as the conference of the year for decision makers, end users, and solution providers looking to improve skills around reporting, leadership, and industry best practices.
Attendees found a lot of value in the conference last year, and attendees at the 2017 event can expect:
- Industry-specific educational breakouts
- Access to Microsoft Support Desk and Microsoft-led educational sessions
- Learning opportunities from the most sought after Dynamics GP end users and partners
- Numerous independent software vendors showcasing their latest solutions and creative capabilities
- Dedicated networking opportunities
- NEW in 2017, dedicated Sales/Marketing content on Monday exclusive to Dynamics GP partners
- Opening Keynote session/Expo Reception for Users/Partners on Monday afternoon
For additional event information, visit: www.gpugamplify.com
Getting the Biggest “Amplification:” Attend Pre-Event Training
Make the most of your trip to Anaheim by taking advantage of instructor-led classroom training before GPUG Amplify 2017 officially kicks off. The following training opportunities have been designed to provide in-depth product education in an interactive, hands-on setting. We encourage you to explore all courses listed below:
All Day Session (9:30 AM-5:00 PM): Working with Excel, Power BI, and Dynamics
Business Intelligence (BI) and Microsoft Power BI is everywhere you look. Are you getting the right answers AND the right questions? This class is designed to walk you through the basics of all the Microsoft Power BI tools. We’ll build dashboards, maps and even report on data from websites. When you leave the class you’ll understand the Microsoft Power BI tools and the Microsoft Power BI application.
Microsoft Power BI has been evolving over the past couple of years and is continuing to evolve you as you read this class description. Take this class and be a leader in the Microsoft BI Revolution.
Morning Sessions (8:00 AM-12:00 PM)
- Dynamics GP Smorgasbord: Tips and Tricks for the Newer User: Designed for beginning and intermediate users of Microsoft Dynamics GP, the GP Smorgasbord will introduce users to the basics, as well as the underutilized areas within the software. Designed to teach a lot about the software in very little time, visits numerous sections within the core and distribution modules, as well as newer areas like Navigation Lists and the scores of refreshable Excel files.
- Introduction to Management Reporter: With FRx Support ending soon, It’s time to start thinking about making the move to Management Reporter. This course will focus on introducing and demonstrating the concepts of Management Reporter to users who are new to the product. Sharing the basics of the platform, this course will provide a demonstration, step-by-step instructions on creating a trial balance and income statement, and provide details into reporting trees, side-by-side reporting, and report design.
- Harnessing the Power of GP Macros: Running Macros can make your life much easier by reducing time spent on repetitive tasks and completing other tedium. This class shares how users can design macros for Dynamics GP to minimize their reliance on eConnect or Integration Manager for importing data. This course will help you get even more functionality out of your system without needing any SQL or programming knowledge.
Afternoon Sessions (1:00 PM-5:00 PM)
- Academy: Advanced A/P Topics—Getting Started with Purchase Order Processing: Learn how to leverage Dynamics GP for Purchase Order Processing using the Purchase Order Processing Module. Users will learn about this powerful module in this course (required for PCAP Certification), and how it helps integrate information and processes across business functions. Users will learn how to set up the module and enter purchase orders, enter shipment receipts and returns, and how the shipment invoicing process automatically updates the Payables Management module to pay your vendors (and much more).
- Academy: Advanced Management Reporter: Take your knowledge of Management Reporter to the next level with this deep dive into the product. Users will also learn to create advanced financial reports like balance sheets, statements of cash flows, and multi-company consolidations, as well as understanding spreadsheet linking, report distribution, and analysis tools available in Management Reporter.
Learn more about all of these courses, how they will help you make more of your GP investment, and the pricing for each course on the GPUG Amplify Pre-Conference Training page.
Attending GPUG Amplify
Tomorrow, we will be talking about the meat of the event, sharing the happenings and speakers who can be expected to attend on March 21 and 22, and how they will help you amplify your experience using Dynamics GP. Learn more about the event, including locations and hotel accommodations at GPUGamplify.com.