With 2015 bearing down upon us, Microsoft broke the news today that it has released its latest enhancement to its product line—Microsoft Dynamics GP 2015. A highly anticipated release, Dynamics GP 2015 is the improved version of its already popular and highly effective enterprise resource planning software, and we are sharing with you the key facts about this highly regarded platform.
Available on December 2 to customers and partners, Microsoft Dynamics GP took the input from current users and partners, and as part of the bi-yearly release schedule made many improvements to better manage your business.
Did Microsoft deliver on its ‘dynamic’ promises? Let’s begin with the original announcement and roadmap announced at the beginning of this year, shown below:
Microsoft met these promises and more with its latest release. Announced in their press release, shared benefits of Microsoft Dynamics GP 2015 include:
- Expanded workflows to help streamline financial, purchasing, sales, payroll, and project expense related approvals. These new native workflows enable customers to quickly customize their solutions and accelerate business approvals.
- Single sign on through integration with Microsoft Azure Active Directory to help users work seamlessly across Microsoft Dynamics GP, Office 365, and other cloud-based applications.
- Service based architecture to lower the cost and time required for customers and partners to create and modify business solutions built on Microsoft Dynamics GP.
- Microsoft recently released Business Analyzer R7, a “companion” tablet application available from the Windows, iOS, and Android app stores.
- As part of Dynamics GP 2015 release, Microsoft is also introducing a lower-cost self-service user license type for users who need only very light functionality within Dynamics GP. The self-service user CAL is a named user that will be applied per individual.
In the coming weeks, we will be sharing some of the functions that we feel will help you to make a more informed decision on your path to choosing Dynamics.
As a provider of Microsoft Dynamics GP to growing businesses, Brittenford Systems is proud to share with you thins information. Contact us today to learn more about what Dynamics GP can do for your growing business.