As we continue our introduction to Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations, we would today like to highlight another highly regarded module that fits into the software and helps to make the lives of the small business employee easier.
This is a continuation of our introduction to Microsoft Dynamics 365 series. You can view part 1 and part 2 of our look at the core functionality for Dynamics 365 for Financials here, our look at Inventory Management within Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations, and a look at the Dynamics 365/LinkedIn Integration here.
Designed to connect Dynamics 365 with Office, Sales is just one part of the larger Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations Platform. Microsoft continually releases new products per their roadmap. As we continue our series, we will look at each of the columns in the following image.
Features of Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations, Sales
Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations includes an invaluable Sales platform (not to be confused with Dynamics 365 for Sales) which provides Invoicing Order Management, Pricing, Contract Management, Opportunity Management, Interaction Management, and more. The video below shows some of the basics, which we will dig into below.
Connect your business operations to your email, empowering your sales team to simplify quoting, invoicing, and order processing directly from the inbox.
- Post sales right from Outlook, then send your invoices as PDF attachments that include a PayPal link to expedite payments
- Get a complete overview of interactions and track current customer status, from email to order to invoice
- Negotiate and keep track of special agreements with individual customers, including discount structures
- Prioritize leads based upon revenue potential and opportunities throughout the sales cycle
Efficient, Smart Invoicing
Outlook is an amazing tool, but this functionality ramps up the platform’s productivity. Post sales right from Outlook, then email your invoices as PDF attachments that include a PayPal link to expedite payments.
- Minimize data entry by automatically converting quotes to sales invoices when approved
- Prepare quotes in Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations, then easily create a professional-looking document using Word forms
- Easily correct or cancel a posted sales invoice and satisfy last-minute customer changes
Take Control of Sales Orders
Manage the sales cycle end-to-end, from quote generation to invoicing. Create and manage sales order quotes and sales orders, plus handle invoices for multiple shipments.
- Manage partial shipments more effectively
- Define multiple ship-to and bill-to addresses per customer
- Ship and invoice separately, including direct shipments and direct invoicing
Pricing, Discounts, and Special Agreements
Manage special agreements with individual customers and customer groups that include discount structures based on minimum quantities, units of measure, currencies, and time periods.
- Set up invoice discounts for customers based upon defined criteria
- Automatically calculate best unit price by sales line when an order meets specified conditions
Create contacts and groups to support your business relationships with prospects, customers, and vendors.
- Manage your contacts within Outlook or integrate with Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Sales for deeper contact management capabilities
- Automatically synchronize contacts within Outlook for faster customer communication
- Combine sales and CRM data in one system to target products to specific customers
Prioritize leads based upon revenue potential and opportunities to close throughout the entire sales cycle.
- Drive leads through the sales funnel using your predefined steps
- Generate sales documents within Outlook and respond to prospects faster
- Integrate with Dynamics 365 for Sales for advanced sales management capabilities
Set up templates to record, view, and manage customer interactions to improve sales, order fulfillment, marketing, and service calls.
- Get a complete overview of interactions and know current customer status, from email to order to invoice
- Easily set up interaction tracking by entering your credentials into Outlook
- Track interaction costs and determine the most cost-effective way to convert prospects into sales
- Record documents sent, receive automatic reminders to follow up.
Additional Features and Uses
Dynamics 365 is designed to make life easier for the sales team so that they can spend more time selling and less time doing paperwork. Among the documented uses for the software:
- Make easy edits based on negotiable terms
- Simplify editing of delivery and payment terms
- Work with shipping to allow for partial or drop shipping
- Design templates for standard services or commonly chosen line items to ease the addition of these.
- Transition sales orders to purchase orders in the event that you need to replenish stock to fulfill an order.
On the Horizon
Microsoft keeps an updated tab of what will be introduced in coming releases in their roadmap, but two interesting features on the horizon are bulk posting of orders invoices, and credit memos, and sales order return management.
- Bulk Posting of Orders, Invoices, Credit Memos: Are your sales going so well that you can’t process the avalanche of invoices fast enough? Is this luxury problem becoming a drain on resources? No worries, now you can process batches of orders, invoices, or credit memos in one go by choosing the documents, and then choosing Post selected.
- Sales Order Return Management: In managing compensation agreements with customers, the sales return order makes it easier to handle returned items, issue credits, charge a restock fee, send replacement items, or give a price reduction. Sales return orders also provide quick access to other sales return-related information for the customer, the method of compensation, and the items in question.