It’s been an interesting last few years for Microsoft Dynamics. Following the Microsoft’s announcement that it would be rebranding Microsoft Convergence to the C-Suite-Focused Envision Conference, the company left its conferences for end users in the very capable hands of the user groups, who took on the challenge without a hitch.
The user groups have been around for nearly as long as the product existed and began running Summit events in the mid to late 2000s. These events have grown throughout the years from just over 100 members at the first AXUG Summit in 2005 and GPUG Summit in 2007 to the current summit environment—a gathering of tens of thousands of end users from across the Dynamics Spectrum.
This year’s Dynamic Communities Summit features a gathering of nearly every Dynamics User Group—AXUG, BCUG/NAVUG, D365UG, GPUG—as well as the Power BI Summit, and is heading to Phoenix, AZ for four days in October.
This conference will give end users the opportunity to get out from behind the monitor and participate in engaging discussions, informative sessions, inspiring keynotes, and authentic networking opportunities as they learn more about how to leverage their Dynamics solution to the best of its ability. Today, we’re happy to announce that Wipfli will be heading to the GPUG Summit 2018, part of the much larger #UserGroupSummit at the Phoenix Convention Center in Phoenix, AZ.
GPUG Summit: October 15-18, 2018
GPUG Summit is designed, led, and attended by Dynamics GP users, partners and other experts from around the globe. GPUG Summit delivers the largest can’t-miss annual conference for all users of Microsoft Dynamics GP. Most sessions are led by end-users for unmatched peer-to-peer education.
No matter your Dynamics version, where you are in your implementation, or your job role, there is something for you at GPUG Summit. Attended by everyone including end users, administrators, accountants, controllers, human resources professionals and more, attendees get the opportunity to learn about products and best practices to do more with GP.
Why Attend GPUG Summit 2018?
As a Microsoft Dynamics GP user, you know that you’re only as effective as your technology lets you be. With technology changing rapidly, it’s important to take a breather from everyday tasks to learn how you can use this technology better. Enter in…GPUG Summit, the biggest and greatest gathering of your Microsoft Dynamics GP peers.
Here are a few specific reasons GP users should head to Phoenix on October 15-18, 2018…
- Free support: GPUG Medics will be onsite and available all week to talk you through your unique GP challenges.
- One-of-a-kind Dynamics GP Training: To celebrate 12 years of GPUG Summit, we have 12 amazing session tracks(*3 of which are NEW) for over 215 GP-specific sessions.*New to GP, Manufacturing, and Developer cover the high level AND the in-depth education you’re looking for.
- Versions galore: This is the one and only conference where you gain access to valuable education about how to be utilize your current version, whether that is Dynamics GP 10.0 or the latest GP 2018.
- Power BI education: In addition to the BI track for Power BI + Dynamics GP- specific sessions, you can attend Power Summit sessionsat NO additional cost.
- First look at Dynamics GP 2018 R2: Whether you’re in the market to upgrade or not, the newest release (set for October 1) will be in action on stage and within sessions.
Wipfli to Present at GPUG Summit 2018
With over 200 sessions, presentations, and showcases designed for each type of end user, there is a lot to learn. However, if you’re heading to the GPUG Summit 2018 and looking to learn about better using Excel Reports within Dynamics GP or want to understand more about workflows in GP, we would like to invite you to two tracks lead by Wipfli’s own John Kirsch.
EXT10 – GP Workflow – Approvals Done Right
Dynamics GP Workflow can automate approval processes – but what does that mean? This session will review the functionality of workflow, what transactions and master records are available, and how the approval process is completed and tracked. We will also cover some tips and tricks in setting up steps and conditions to make your approval process flow as required.
- Date: Tuesday, October 16
- Time: 12:45 PM – 1:45 PM
- Location: W_105A
EXT08 – Excel Reports – Live Design Session
In this session, we will design 4 reports using different methods to retrieve and display data in Excel Refreshable reports. We will cover setting up the data sources and why to utilize the reports. Tools included in this presentation are SQL Views, custom Excel Data Connections, VBA code and Excel Query functionality. This session will be an intermediate to advanced session where knowledge of using SQL Server Management Studio, TSQL, VBA and Excel Data Connections is recommended.
- Date: Tuesday, October 16
- Time: 10:30 AM – 11:30 AM
- Location: W_102A