Templates often make the invoicing process in Dynamics SL easier. Well, as long as they work! For example, you’ve just upgraded and some of your templates aren’t working – what to do?
- Open the AR – Invoice/Memo Forms
- Template Tab: Load the template
- Print preview the report to see what it showing on the report
- Close report and review the Report and Selection tabs.
- On the Report tab – click the down arrow on Format –Select the Plain Paper version.
- Selection tab : F3 on the 1st line to open the list of available fields from the tables in the report –With SL2015 – you can sort the list by the column names.
You can even sort only the fields from the report.
- Select the ARdoc.Refnbr field
- Select Operator “Equal”
- Value = “your invoice number” example: 112233 (must be 6 digits)
- Click -Print preview button to confirm the correct format and selection. (If report prints correctly, close the preview report.)
- Click on Template tab,
- Click on the template name “Select Invoice”
- Click the Save Template button.
- You can either save over the template or give it a new name.
- Close invoice forms then re-open screen
- Load “new” template.
- Print preview to confirm new format is working correctly.