As companies look to plan for 2015 and beyond, the impending changes in technology as we know it will be a major factor in spending and strategy, with the right moves setting up businesses for success, and the wrong moves potentially proving costly in the long term. Enterprises are thinking and rethinking their strategies, finding new ways to win, serve, and retain their clientele.
To address this, Forrester, a leading research firm, released its fifteen emerging technologies to watch before 2020; sharing the important tech trends that businesses will need to watch within the next five years. Those trends, broken into functional groups, are as follows:
Fifteen Emerging Technologies to Watch
So what will you need to embrace, understand, and protect? The report is broken into the following four categories:
- Emerging Business Solutions
- Emerging Interaction Technologies
- Emerging Aggregation and Delivery Technologies
- Emerging Infrastructure Technologies
Emerging Business Solutions Innovations
- Customer analytics that can help firms better understand what their customers need and when they need it.
- A digital experience that can provide an easier and more effective way of managing the customer life cycle.
- Customer-driven design solutions that can allow designers to conceptualize, learn and test, and with increased customer input.
- An Internet of Things that can offer packaged business process and integration by combining sensors, networks and platforms.
Emerging Interaction Technologies Innovations
- Next-generation connectivity that enables a wide range of new digital endpoints, using very low-power wireless technology that cuts costs significantly.
- Wearable technology that creates many innumerable information sources with on-body gadgets, thus expanding companies’ digital reach.
- Natural user interfaces that can offer new methods for interacting with computing experiences.
Emerging Aggregation and Delivery Technologies Innovations
- Real-time sourcing and delivery that brings increased knowledge to critical decisions, consequently making marketing and operations have a better insight from fresh data.
- Advanced analytics that allows firms to get better and faster at garnering knowledge from vast amounts of diverse data.
- Greater digital identity management technology that helps firms and individuals control access across channels; employees and customers with more ease.
- Software acceleration platforms to help companies deliver more engagement and better value.
Emerging Infrastructure Technology Innovation
- New silicon devices that can offer higher levels energy efficiency with better and types of sensors types.
- Software-defined infrastructure that will enable flexible, easy data centre adjustments.
- Better cloud integration tools that will have the ability to integrate apps and management across cloud and on-premises.
- Big data management technology that will provide a more affordable basis for customer insight.
So, which technologies do you think will change the face of business? Are you prepared? If you are looking for assistance preparing for what’s next, Brittenford Systems offers the advisory services your business needs to prepare and adapt. Learn more by downloading our whitepaper: A Guide to CIO Advisory Services.
Do you want the latest news surrounding the future of leading mid-market and enterprise applications? Join our mailing list!