Spend less time managing funding and accounting processes and more time on your mission. Along with a full range of financial and business management applications, Microsoft Dynamics GP offers capabilities designed to help charities, churches, arts organizations, and other not-for-profit groups adhere to regulations and controls, manage grants and budgets proactively, and improve efficiencies for accounting processes.
Microsoft Dynamics GP has specialized nonprofit financial management capabilities including interfund accounting, control account management, encumbrance management, commitments, and grant management.
Fund accounting can be a daunting challenge for not-for-profit organizations — transferring balances across accounts is error-prone, and staff can spend too much time juggling manual entry and reconciliation processes. With Microsoft Dynamics GP:
- Get started fast with easy, one-time setup of transfer defaults. Integration across your financial system and automated processes minimize the need for accounting staff to track all related accounts.
- Efficiently transfer funds across accounts, divisions, and companies without the stress of manual entry and reconciliation processes.
- Eliminate worry about missing transactions or posting errors with automatic transaction analysis that confirms fund accounts are balanced. If unbalanced fund entries are found, Interfund Management makes the necessary adjustments that ensure funds have been reconciled.
- Seamlessly integrate with Microsoft Dynamics GP General Ledger to ensure your financial information and processes work in concert and provide you with a complete view of your business.
Control Account Management
When your organization is equipped to manage payables control accounts by segments, you not only save valuable time, but also gain a detailed picture of your finances that lets you meet demanding reporting requirements. With Microsoft Dynamics GP:
- Work within a single set-up window to select the account segment that will serve as the main reporting segment.
- Define each report segment to represent a cost center, division, program, or fund, and quickly display a breakdown by segment values for your central control payables accounts.
- Eliminate the need to manually reconcile reporting segments with automatic distribution of Accounts Payable to multiple control accounts.
- View a true picture of amounts owed by segment value with the ability to generate Control Account Summary Reports and drill down to segment details.
- Ensure accurate month-end reporting and reduce errors with automatic generation of journal entries that redistribute the balance of the default control account to predetermined segments.
Keep your focus on utilizing budgets effectively, rather than on tracking expenses and worrying whether you’ve exceeded limits. With Microsoft Dynamics GP Encumbrance Management, nonprofit organizations can proactively manage and adhere to budgets, streamline period-end reporting processes, and monitor encumbrances from any point in time.
Proactively manage your budget
Encumbrance Management provides checks and controls that ensure budgets stay within specified limits.
- Instantly alert users if budget limits have been exceeded when purchase order line items are entered.
- Ensure funds are correctly allocated by reserving encumbrances when purchase orders are first entered.
- Modify controls by entering tolerance levels for a specified amount over the budget.
- Prevent mishandling of funds by requiring a password to approve encumbrances that exceed the budget limit.
- Save time and effort by conducting mass encumbrance approvals.
Improve inquiry and reporting efficiencies
Seamless integration with Microsoft Dynamics GP Purchase Order Processing makes it easy to search for and analyze critical budget information.
- Track encumbrances on an annual, period, or year-to-date level, with the assurance that budget status information is accurate and up to date.
- Easily view summary or detailed information for specific encumbrances or across a range of accounts.
- Simplify period and year-end reporting processes with the ability to query current or historical encumbrances.
- Gain an accurate view of encumbrances from any point in time. Track outstanding encumbrances, view a historical snapshot, and view and print reports from a day, a week, or a year past.
Track online purchase requisitions as commitments with Microsoft Dynamics GP Requisition Management. Web-based capabilities give you the flexibility you need to tighten budget controls without halting purchase order processes.
- Provide users who generate and authorize online requisitions with automatic alerts when requisitions exceed budget tolerance levels.
- Reduce processing time between submission and approval of online requisitions that fall within tolerance levels.
- Streamline transfer of outstanding online requisitions into a commitment budget.
- Automate the process of adding committed purchases to any of your financial reports.
Accurately track grant costs, remain accountable to your sponsors, and meet specific guidelines and regulations. Microsoft Dynamics GP Grant Management helps ensure budget integrity for every dollar spent and helps you increase your chances of future awards from new and existing sponsors.
Meet the challenges of tracking and reporting grant costs
Grant Management helps eliminate manual entry processes, reduces the potential for errors and ensures compliance with automated cost tracking and streamlined transaction processing.
- Reduce manual entry and reconciliation processes with automatic tracking of expenditures to specific grants and programs.
- Receive automatic warnings when you exceed budgets or when transactions are allocated outside of grant timelines.
- Streamline transaction entry and gain flexibility with multiple distribution paths for a single transaction.
- Monitor daily expenditures and specific budgetary controls with inquiry and reporting capabilities.
- Control transactions by General Ledger account, user, project, or by grant start and end dates.
Manage budgets with pinpoint accuracy
By enabling you to manage multiple budgets across grant life cycles, Grant Management helps prevent overspending and frees your organization to focus on the strategic decisions that ensure successful project outcomes.
- Work with flexible capabilities that let you assign multiple projects to a grant or multiple grants to a project.
- Accurately track costs for the entire life cycle of a grant with centralized, easily accessible information.
- Validate transactions against budgets on a period-by-period, grant-to-date, or grant life basis.
- Know your budget status at all times with automatic updating of grants and projects at the time of transaction entry.
- Improve transaction control and decision making with access to online, real-time cost accounting information for managing grants in summary or detail format.
Stay accountable to your sponsors
The detail and frequency of sponsor-requested reports can tax the resources of any not-for-profit organization. Grant Management delivers the information you need to assure sponsors you are putting funds to the best possible use and complying with regulations.
- Deliver up-to-date grant status information with variance reports that span multiple fiscal periods.
- Choose from standard reports or create specialized reports that summarize information based on grant inception date or ending date.
- Keep summary or detailed grant ID information at your fingertips with fast, easy inquiries.
- Address market-specific budgetary control requirements with advanced reporting capabilities.