It’s year-end, so Dynamics SL users are asking “What’s new in the 2009 Year End Update, and do I need to install it?” I’ll give you the scoop.
What’s the purpose of the Update?
The Microsoft Dynamics SL 2009 year end update includes changes for 1099 and W-2 reporting that will help your organization comply with the tax year 2009 reporting regulations.
Microsoft has released the 2009 Year End Update for Dynamics SL 6.5 SP1 through Dynamics SL 7.0 FP1. The update can be downloaded from Customer Source. Below is a summary of changes. You can also download the Microsoft procedures document to follow when you install and use the update.
In order to install the 2009 Year End update you must be on a supported Dynamics SL version and service pack. The following are the only versions and service packs that are supported:
|6.5 Service Pack 2
6.5 Service Pack 3
7.0 Service Pack 1
7.0 Service Pack 2
7.0 Feature Pack 1
If you are on Dynamics SL 6.0 or 6.5 with no service packs or SP1, you will need to upgrade to a supported version prior to installing the 2009 Year End update. If you are not sure which version of Dynamics SL you are on, this document will help you determine your version.
What are the changes for 2009?
The 2009 year-end updates including the following changes:
Accounts Payable 1099s
- No changes required for 1099 forms
- Filing 1099 Forms – you can file 1099 forms electronically or on paper
1099 Electronic File Changes
- The 1099 electronic file has been updated for tax year 2009
- Payment Amount F and Payment Amount G fields have been added to the Payee “B” record
- Payment Amount F and Payment Amount G fields have been added to Payer “C” record
- No changes required for W-2 forms
- Filing W-2 Forms – You can file W-2 forms electronically or on paper
- W-2 Electronic File Changes – The W-2 electronic file has been updated for tax 2009
Correction for bug 18949 – This issue occurred in versions 7.0, 7.0 Service Pack 1, 7.0 Service Pack 2, and 7.0 Feature Pack 1. In the electronic file that you generate using W2Magnetic Media (02.742.00), Box 12 amounts contained zeroes.
Note: W2 Magnetic Media (02.742.00) is Generate W2 Electronic File in Microsoft Dynamics SL 7.0 Feature Pack 1.
Place your order for 2009 1099-MISC and W-2 forms that are compatible with the Microsoft Dynamics SL releases by calling 800-432-1281. Customer Service representatives will answer any questions you may have. You can also order online at www.microsoftbusinesschecks.com.
For the best rates and service, use this Priority Service Code: MR4670.
Remember, with any order of $250 or more using the above Priority Service Code,
email your receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org and
we’ll send you a $5 Starbucks gift card.
Notes about Deluxe Checks and Forms:
- Laser and continuous 1099-MISC forms are supported for the year-end updates for Microsoft Dynamics SL 6.5x.
- Only laser forms are supported for the year-end updates for Microsoft Dynamics SL 7.x.
- Only laser W-2 forms are supported by the releases compatible with these year-end updates.
- Electronic submission of W-2 and 1099-MISC information is supported.
If you have customized the 1099 reports in Crystal Reports, you must use the following margins:
- Laser format: Top margin of .50 inch, bottom margin of .25 inch.
Continuous format: Top margin of 0 inches, bottom margin of 0 inches.