Is 2015 the year that you finally decide that it’s time to get out of the career rut that you’ve been in? Whether your career has stagnated, you’re sick of working contract to contract as an independent contractor, or are just looking for the opportunity to take your talents to the DC area; Brittenford Systems has the opportunity for you.
We are looking for a mid-level Product Support Engineer to join our growing team in our Reston, VA headquarters, and are excited to hear from you. Are you looking for any of the following:
- Stable, Supportive Employment Environment?
- Work/Life Balance with a Flexible Schedule?
- Ability to Flaunt Your Technical Knowledge While Helping Others?
- Chance to Grow with a Leader in the Industry?
- Opportunity to Think for Yourself while Directly Seeing the Impact of Your Work?
What You Need to Do
If so, we would love to hear from you. We are looking for someone who can accomplish these responsibilities with ease:
- Effectively communicate and interact with both functional and technical personnel in solving complex business and technical problems
- Translate business challenges into technical solutions
- Ability to complete tasks within critical timelines and work well in a fast-paced, high-energy environment
- Implement Brittenford developed software products for new customers
- Support existing customers using Brittenford developed software products
- Support technical solutions that involve web services, API’s, content-entry tools, and other utilities, applications, and services
- Support database schemas, stored procedures, and other database-oriented tasks as needed
- Support detailed program specifications relating to the current technical and developmental environment
- Think creatively and contribute holistically to the system implementation and development lifecycle
Ideal Candidate Skills and Qualifications
Of course, we hope that as our ideal candidate, that you can bring us the following:
- S. in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or equivalent relevant experience
- 1+ years software development experience in two or more of: Python, Perl, PHP, C#, VB.NET, Ruby
- Experience with a relational database (e.g. SQL Server ,MySQL), including exposure to views, stored functions, and stored procedures
- Strong understanding of software development lifecycle, from requirements through delivery
- Strong skills in Business Requirements Gathering methodologies
- Experience working with a project team
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience in the area of financial or transactional systems is a major plus
- Experience with Git or some other DVCS
- Familiarity with Heroku Platform
- Ability to work independently AND be a collaborative, team player
- Development portfolio available upon request
Perfect Candidate Skills and Qualifications
Maybe you have the skills above, but would really like to make an impact on our hiring manager. Make our jaws drop with these:
- .Net/SQL Server experience
- Experience with Atlassian and/or Jira
Why Work as a Product Support Engineer at Brittenford?
We want you here. If you would like the opportunity to develop your skills while building your already impressive implementation portfolio, we offer the following advantages to work with us:
- Real world, hands on opportunity to solve business problems
- No out of town travel
- Work independently, but always have the opportunity to seek assistance from our supportive team
- Ability to work with both proprietary and commercially-sold software products
Did we mention the benefits? As a Brittenford employee, we offer the following to sweeten the deal:
- Top-rated heath insurance, including medical, prescription drug, and dental programs
- Long-term and short-term disability coverage
- Group voluntary term life insurance
- Employee equity plan
- 401(k) with match
- Tax-advantaged health savings account
- Generous paid time off for holidays, sick time, and vacations
- Advanced technical training and certification
- A Culture of Growth, Support, and Technical Expertise
Maybe you haven’t heard of us. Let’s introduce ourselves. We are Brittenford Systems, a nationally recognized consulting firm that specializes in delivering financial management and business intelligence solutions as well as CIO Advisory Services to mid-market companies. Our dedication to customers has provided us a steady influx of awards and recognition, including:
- Three Consecutive Appearances on Bob Scott’s Insights VAR Star List
- Four Straight Appearances on Bob Scott’s Insights VAR 100 List
- Five Straight Appearances on Accounting Today Top VAR List
- Intacct Premiere Partners
- Concur App Center Partner of the Year
- Microsoft President’s Club
- National Technology Pacesetter
Our culture of customer and employee satisfaction has allowed us to grow throughout our eighteen-year history.
Excited? We Are. Apply Below
If you meet the qualifications, and would love the opportunity to make an impact on clients, we would love to hear from you.
Mail your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. No recruiters, please.