Reporting is one of the most challenging parts of running a nonprofit. Stakeholders expect answers, leaders need actionable data, and both expect speed, accuracy, and reliability. Unfortunately, many nonprofits lack this clarity, and trying to compile data from multiple sources is all but out of the question when nonprofit finance pros attempt to use paper and spreadsheets to get the job done.
With Form 990 season on the way, Sage Intacct has announced an improved tool for nonprofits to get real-time insights and benchmarking data on financial health and sustainability. Announced on April 18, the company has partnered with GuideStar to improve the Financial Board Book. While this tool was already powerful, this exclusive partnership is expected to raise the bar and provide greater visibility into the key performance indicators and metrics.
Sage Intacct and GuideStar Partner to Enhance Financial Board Book
The Nonprofit Financial Board Book is a dashboard that automates the tracking and management of industry-wide best practice metrics to deliver real-time insights to help nonprofit organizations benchmark the financial health, sustainability, and its mission impact. Metrics are seamlessly calculated using real-time balance sheet, revenue, and expense data from Sage Intacct, and through additional operational sources from within the organization, including its Donor Management Systems, Budgeting and Planning software, Payroll, and more. The dashboard provides a graphical view of the key metrics recommended by GuideStar for nonprofit organizations.
With the Sage Intacct Nonprofit Financial Board Book Powered by GuideStar, nonprofits can:
- Gain real-time visibility into key revenue composition and source With real-time visibility, customers gain insight to guide planning and strategy, while strengthening funding stability. The ability to instantly view reserves allows customers to sustain any short-term gaps and expand funding diversity.
- Monitor organization health with key metric visualizations With access to visuals of key balance sheet metrics that align with GuideStar recommendations, customers can easily track trend lines and changes for a more complete picture of financial health, while informing planning and strategy for proactive management.
- Guide discussions with “Questions to Consider” content Customers gain peace of mind with the “Questions to Consider” capability so no stone goes unturned. With questions about income to the balance sheet, this function helps organizations ensure they’re making the right decisions.
- Navigate directly to GuideStar for benchmarking Customers have a direct connection to GuideStar’s benchmarking tool to ensure alignment with recommended metric and best practices.
Get to Know Sage Intacct for Nonprofits
The Sage Intacct software was already one of the top options for nonprofits looking to automate key processes, take more control of their numbers, and make smarter decisions. This new announcement takes the software even further. We invite you to learn more about the software from the press release, learn more about our work with nonprofits by reading our case studies, and contact us to learn more.
May 23, 2018: Improve Your Nonprofit’s Financial Health with New GuideStar Dashboard
Sage Intacct and GuideStar have entered into an exclusive partnership to raise the bar for all nonprofits and provide them with a powerful tool to easily manage their financial health and stability. The new Financial Board Book automates best practice metrics to help nonprofit organizations benchmark the financial health, sustainability, and its mission impact.
In this webinar you will learn more about the new Nonprofit Financial Board Book, where nonprofits can:
- Gain real-time visibility into key revenue composition and source
- Monitor organization health with key metric visualizations
- Guide discussions with “Questions to Consider” content
- Navigate directly to GuideStar for benchmarking
A demo of the new tool will also be provided. Click here to register or learn more.