On April 2, 2018, Microsoft made an important, intriguing change to their Dynamics 365 offering, moving from Business and Enterprise editions of their Finance and Operations platform to two different offerings: Dynamics 365 Business Central and Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations.
Today, we would like to introduce you to these platforms, discussing the basics and providing you an opportunity to learn more.
The Evolution and Changes to Dynamics 365 Enterprise Resource Planning
As of April 2, 2018, Microsoft refocused its Dynamics 365 ERP applications, moving from Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations—Business Edition and Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations—Enterprise Edition to Dynamics 365 Business Central and Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations.
Beyond this, Dynamics 365 is also a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platform which we will discuss at a later date. This marks an important turn for Microsoft as they work to improve and target their cloud offerings for the right customers.
Dynamics 365 Business Central
Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations, Business edition, is now Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central—a powerful all-in-one business management solution. Along with a new name, Business Central also includes an all new user experience and enhanced capabilities to help you grow and connect your business. Designed for smaller businesses, this software option is the D365 version of Dynamics NAV and starts at $70/user/month for Essentials and $100/user/month for Premium.
While Business Central is the small business version of the platform, that’s not to say this is any basic software. From financials to customer service to project management and more, Business Central is affordable, intuitive, and user-friendly.
Business Central has at its foundation a set of trusted, proven technologies in a single, end-to-end application. As such, Business Central offers:
- Business without silos. Unify your business, and boost efficiency with automated tasks and workflows—all integrated within familiar Office tools like Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Actionable insights. Achieve greater outcomes and gain a complete view of your business with connected data, business analytics, and guidance delivered by Microsoft’s leading intelligent technologies.
- Solutions built to evolve. Start quickly, grow at your own pace and adapt in real time with a flexible platform that makes it easy to extend Business Central based on your changing business needs.
Learn more about Business Central by viewing the following video and reading the capabilities.
Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations
The ERP that we’ve been discussing for the past 6 or so months, Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations (formerly Finance and Operations—Enterprise) is the Dynamics 365 version of AX, and is designed to fuel your business transformation efforts globally.
Unify global financials and operations to empower people to make fast, informed decisions. Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations helps businesses adapt quickly to changing market demands and drive business growth. Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations starts at $190/user/month for the Unified Operations Plan and $210/user/month for the full Dynamics 365 Plan and offers the following benefits for organizations:
- Elevate your financial performance: Close books faster, deliver robust reporting, increase profitability with business intelligence, and ensure global compliance.
- Run smarter operations: Bring agility and efficiency to your manufacturing to connect and optimize production planning, scheduling, operations, and cost management.
- Automate and streamline your supply chain: Modernize your supply chain with unified, advanced warehouse and inventory management to improve fulfillment, material sourcing, and logistics.
- Innovate with a modern and adaptable platform: Drive innovation with an intelligent application that is easy to tailor, extend, and connect to other apps and services you already use.
Watch the video to learn more, read the capabilities here, and read our blogs on the features here.
Get to Know Dynamics 365 with Wipfli
We’ve been in the Dynamics business for decades, and we are excited for this transformation as Microsoft focuses on the cloud. Learn more about our work with Dynamics 365 here, and contact us for more information.