What do nonprofits want from accounting software? Many features exist in nonprofit accounting that differ from the needs of any other firm. This is why each year, Software Advice surveys thousands of nonprofit decision makers to learn where they stand in selection, needs, and criteria for accounting software.
Nonprofit BuyerView 2014
The survey results included in the Nonprofit BuyerView 2014 study feature the insight of 2,300 decision makers, providing unparalleled insight into the nonprofit software buying market.
Why are nonprofits seeking new software? What would they like to see in their software? The key findings, thanks to Software Advice (Nonprofits), are that:
- 51 percent of nonprofits seek improved efficiency.
- 49 percent of buyers currently use manual recordkeeping methods, such as spreadsheets, pen and paper and QuickBooks to track data.
- Nearly half of respondents prefer cloud-based deployment, and only 2% would choose an on-premise solution.
- More than half would choose best-in-class software over that of an integrated suite.
- Almost four out of five (79 percent) of nonprofits evaluating software seek a fundraising management solution.
- Human Services, Faith-Based, and Arts/Cultural segments feature the most active buyers.
For the full report, please click here or read through the following SlideShare Presentation:
Combining Two Best-In-Class Solutions
As many nonprofits seek best-in-class solutions, and even more are seeking a fundraising management solution, why not find two best-in-class solutions to meet those exact needs?
Intacct, a cloud-based, best-in-class solution for nonprofit financial management has teamed up with Orange Leap, a fundraising and constituent management solution to bring an Integrated Fundraising and Accounting Solution for nonprofits.
How can you learn more about these two solutions, integrated and tailored to your nonprofit’s needs?
Join Brittenford Systems and Orange Leap for Integrated Fundraising and Accounting, scheduled for September 9 at 11:00 AM EDT. In this webcast, you will learn how to create a win-win-win for development, accounting, and most importantly, your cause.
Integrated Fundraising and Accounting will feature Presenters Brian Dietz, President at Brittenford Systems, and Kevin Wells, Channel Development Manager at Orange Leap, and will teach attendees:
- How Intacct Nonprofit Accounting can dramatically reduce, if not eliminate altogether, the number of spreadsheets necessary to satisfy tracking and reporting.
- The ease with which you can generate reports using Intacct and Orange Leap (whether financial or donor-related).
- Automation of low-value activities to free your team for more strategic endeavors.
- How to capture the heart of your donor at every stage of the donor life cycle with the fundraising functionality of Orange Leap.
Brittenford Systems is a Reston, Virginia provider of accounting, business intelligence, and relationship management solutions. Specializing in nonprofits, government, and project-based organizations; we welcome you to join us on Twitter (@brittenford), and contact us to learn how we can help your nonprofit achieve a win-win-win solution.