News from Brittenford’s Parent Company Wipfli LLP: The company has been named to Accounting Today’s VAR 100, a list of top value added resellers based on revenue, with ties broken based on number of employees.
Accounting Today VAR 100
In a year that saw Wipfli named to Bob Scott’s Insights Top 100 VARs, Accounting Today’s Top 100 Firms, Microsoft Dynamics’ Inner Circle, and a Top 200 Microsoft Partner, the listing of the company on Accounting Today’s Top 100 VARs adds to the company’s qualification not only as a leader in accounting and consulting, but as a seller of products that help clients improve both day-to-day and strategic financial initiatives.
In addition to the top value-added resellers, the VAR 100 shares the top trends affecting VARs. Accounting Today spoke with Wipfli about the top trends and client needs, shared below.
- Clients Seeking Customization and Control: Customizable reporting capabilities, mobile-optimization and more robust business intelligence tools dominated most client wish lists, according to this year’s top resellers and consultants. Clients want to work anytime and anywhere, and one-size-fits-all solutions no longer cut it. Clients are seeking “better self-service reporting,” observed Wipfli, feeding into a larger trend of greater customization and control over their own data.
- Clients Continue Migrating Away from QuickBooks: One leading reseller noted an increased trend in companies seeking QuickBooks alternatives for a multitude of reasons including improved reporting, greater dimensional analysis, multi-entity challenges, and improved integration with other best-in-class solutions to name a few. For more, join us for Signs You’re Outgrowing QuickBooks on August 17.
- Integration is Key: “Clients need the ability to easily integrate data between the various systems and better reporting capabilities to improve the visibility into the information,” Wipfli noted. As companies move away from on-premise applications, they are looking to build the best possible mix of unified applications with tight data integration. Such examples include ExpenseConnect and InvoiceConnect, which automate the connection of T&E or invoice data between Concur TEM/Invoice and accounting systems including Intacct, Dynamics SL, and Dynamics GP.
- Continuing the Quest for Talent: Most of the 2016 VAR 100 registered revenue growth over last year, which brings its own set of challenges, like finding experienced talent in a competitive market. VARs are turning to education and training of employees directly out of college, as well as providing increasingly competitive benefits and compensation packages. Loking for a job at a leading accounting firm or VAR? See available openings at Wipfli, as well as Brittenford.
- Expanding Service Hours and Skills: One leader found that an expanding customer base has created a need and an opportunity to reach customers more hours of the day. Firms are realizing that coast-to-coast, and even international service are becoming a competitive advantage, and VARs who can position themselves as a strategic partner offering wider, more robust service offerings are the ones who can ultimately better the lives of clients. Learn more about all 35 of Wipfli’s locations and over 1,500 professionals in two countries here.
Learn more by downloading the entire report with quotes from many leaders and up-and-comers in the VAR arena.
As Brittenford recently joined Wipfli, a deal that has allowed both companies to pool their resources in order to offer better service and a broader reach, we would like to invite you to learn more about what the deal means, and if you would like help finding your next financial management platform, contact Brittenford to learn more.