After five consecutive appearances on the Bob Scott’s Insights Top 100 VARs, Brittenford Systems, recently acquired by Wipfli LLP, has made contributions to Wipfli’s continued placement on the top 20 VARs in the nation by revenue.
Continuing its market leadership through acquisitions and internal growth, Wipfli, a CPA and consulting firm by trade, appeared on the list at number 17 for its lines of business selling Dynamics AX, Dynamics GP, Dynamics SL, NetSuite, and Intacct. These sales of accounting and finance software totaled $33.95MM of the company’s $227MM revenue in 2015 (see more about Wipfli ranking 19 on the top 100 Accounting Firms, ranked by Accounting Today here).
In the BSI VAR 100 List, there are many trends highlighted in the industry, including some of the following:
- Cloud Continues to Grow: The cloud continues to be a growing preference for businesses, and more of the large VARs are rising to meet those needs. In 2016, 24 of the top 100 VARs offered Intacct, 22 offered NetSuite, 16 offered Acumatica, 3 offered Unanet, and 1 offered FinancialForce.
- Continued Specialization: There is nothing new in the theme that resellers need to specialize to avoid competing on price with over firms that sell the same financial software package. Over the last year, more VARs are taking steps to move towards narrower lines of business than ever before.
- Innovating VARs Internalizing Applications: With respect to the specialization, more VARs are building applications that they would have otherwise had to source from other companies.
- CPA Firms Playing the VAR Game: Intacct, the preferred AICPA accounting software, has seen increased interest in CPAs looking to join their accountant program, and CPA firms have been acquiring leading VARs as part of a growth strategy.
- More Gen X and Millennials in Leadership Positions Means More Cloud: “Young people don’t even want to consider on-premise,” says a leader of one of the top VARs, and this means more cloud offerings from established players as well as more focus on some cloud natives.
See the entire list of the top 100 VARs here.
Wipfli | Brittenford: A Leader in Accounting Software for Growing Businesses
After five years in the top 100 VARs, Brittenford joining Wipfli means not only that we’ve moved up the list, but that we now have even more resources to help you thrive when selecting, implementing, and managing accounting software. Learn more by downloading the Definitive Guide to Financial Management Software, and contact us to speak with an expert on making the switch.