Product Support Engineer
Are you a product support specialist or application developer looking to find a good home with a clear picture of your part in the organization?
Are you an independent contractor looking for some stability to get out of the contract-to-contract treadmill?
Do you want a better work/life balance and flexible schedule?
Do you have a thirst for learning and want to apply your knowledge to developing and implementing solutions within cloud based applications?
Are you looking to make a difference and directly see the impacts of your work?
If YES, then you may be a great fit for our team at Brittenford Systems.
We are seeking a mid-level Product Support Engineer who is a budding rockstar in their field and would like to enhance their skills by working with a collaborative team. If you are knowledgeable and ambitious you’d be a great fit for our team: we are spirited with momentum, and we need someone who thinks for themselves and wants to build put their mark on a growing product development and implementation team. We hope you are enthusiastic about change and are excited by the prospect of defining and carving out ownership of both product and process.
Brittenford is a leading financial systems and IT professional services firm that empowers organizations to make business decisions faster by improving productivity and operations through a proactive client-centric approach.
The Brittenford culture is characterized by openness and approach-ability, we are held accountable with support of the team to achieve superior results. Britts are encouraging and celebrate together at social outings and give back at philanthropic events.
Britts are empowered with the means to work flexibly, both in time and location. Government security clearance is not required, however local resources are preferred but not required. We use cutting edge technology to collaborate, develop and deliver great solutions to our delight our clients. And we have fun doing it.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Effectively communicate and interact with both functional and technical personnel in solving complex business and technical problems
- Translate business challenges into technical solutions
- Ability to complete tasks within critical timelines and work well in a fast-paced, high-energy environment
- Implement Brittenford developed software products for new customers
- Support existing customers using Brittenford developed software products
- Support technical solutions that involve web services, API’s, content-entry tools, and other utilities, applications, and services
- Support database schemas, stored procedures, and other database-oriented tasks as needed
- Support detailed program specifications relating to the current technical and developmental environment
- Think creatively and contribute holistically to the system implementation and development lifecycle
As the ideal candidate you will have:
- S. in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or equivalent relevant experience
- 1+ years software development experience in two or more of: Python, Perl, PHP, C#, VB.NET, Ruby
- Experience with a relational database (e.g. SQL Server ,MySQL), including exposure to views, stored functions, and stored procedures
- Strong understanding of software development lifecycle, from requirements through delivery
- Strong skills in Business Requirements Gathering methodologies
- Experience working with a project team
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience in the area of financial or transactional systems is a major plus
- Experience with Git or some other DVCS
- Familiarity with Heroku Platform
- Ability to work independently AND be a collaborative, team player
- Development portfolio available upon request
And it would be even better if you had:
- .Net/SQL Server experience
- Experience with Atlassian and/or Jira
Top Reasons to Consider this Opportunity:
- Build your skills! Learn and apply leading-edge business software in a variety of industries
- Gain experience implementing and supporting commercially sold software products
- Take on exciting real-world challenges and solve business problems
- No out-of-town travel
- Work independently but as part of a supportive team
- Excellent benefits, including quarterly incentive pay, medical insurance, generous paid time-off allowance, and 401k plan
Brittenford Systems is committed to providing its clients with the best Brittenford Experience. Our customer focus and commitment to amazing service has directly contributed to our steady growth and success. It is very important to us that any person added to our team share these values and commitments.
If you possess this experience, share a belief that happy customers are the key to your personal and professional success, and would enjoy working with a great team, we invite you to send us your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.